new G4 towers

Dan Burcaw yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 5 15:15:01 2002

> Well Since I don't work for a Linux company I guess I'm not qualified to
> give you advise on this matter, but if I were getting the machine you are I
> would go with the nVida for sure.  If it doesn't work with YellowDog it will
> probably work with Mandrake, the other *only* maintained ppc linux distro.

This is just crap. I'm sorry but this is again, plain wrong.
Terra Soft was the company that got the GeForce 2 support
working on PPC Linux.  NVidia does not provide specs, they do not
and have REFUSED TO port their driver to PowerPC Linux.  The nVidia
GeForce 4 is not supported, and will not be for quite a long time.
nVidia is not giving us any details thus it is a reverse engineering
effort.  The Radeon 9000 is already working under YDL.. but not yet
release quality.  Please stop posting mis-information on this list.

-Dan