Power Magagement: Putting a Biege G3 in sleep/suspend mode

Jean Boucher yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Sep 6 11:36:01 2002

Sorry for taking so long to answer you, Rick. I
must've missed your Sept 4 reply.

Yes, I agree with Dylan, my biege G3 tower can be put
to sleep under MacOS 8.1. Currently working on
PPC-based embedded systems, I also know for a fact
that the PPC 750/755 supports a power management
feature (see 'POW' bit 13 in the Machine State Registe
(MSR)). It has sleep, nap, doze, and full-power
states.

So, very definitely, this puppy is able to go to
sleep. I just have to figure out how to tell it to,
under YDL 2.3.

JB.