KDE - Konqueror

Keary Suska yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Sep 7 18:26:01 2002

on 9/5/02 3:33 PM, mail@thayne.us purportedly said:

> I have never been a fan of RPM's, they are like M$'s Plug and Pray, LOL
> If no one else knows what is wrong maybe I'll try compiling from source. If
> I do this would I have to remove KDE from my system first? If so can you
> tell me how that's done?

Fortunately, I have never had to compile it, so unfortunately, I can't give
any advice. I would say that you should definitely remove KDE before
re-installing. I have heard endless nightmares of problems with upgrading
KDE, which may or may not apply in your case, but why risk it?

I have heard that compiling/installing X windows systems is a daunting task,
second only perhaps to compiling glibc.

Good luck ;-)

Keary Suska
(719) 473-6431