Dead Hard-drive?

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Sep 10 04:32:01 2002

If you consistently put Mac OS on the drive before installing YDL, it
might be that the partition(s) used by YDL occupies an area with some
damage that is not visible to the Mac OS, which resides on its own
partition. This would mean that the drive is indeed bad. If there is a
utility that can test the drive on a lower level (disregarding partitioning
and file sytems) this could possibly identify the nature of the problem.

Regards
/Rickard