video problems after screensaver

Aurelio Bay yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Sep 11 02:10:01 2002

Hi all,

I have installed YDL 2.3 on a G4 Titanium II (video ATY RageM6).
No major problems.

A couple of days ago I left the screen savers running for a few hours.
Then I closed the cover for about one hour.
Back to work I noticed that the screen was not working
properly: during editing the characters were not displayed completely.

I decided to reboot the system.
Apparently something went wrong: after the first few booting steps
(before the penguin logo comes out and the screen displays 0 -> 0 etc...)
the display went off and was replaced by beautiful but useless colors.
Now the only way to get the system up is to use the novideo option.
After startx the system works well except for the Brightness control.
During shutdown the screen is (almost) black.

Any idea on where to look to get the correct screen setup back ?

(Now I have switched off the random screen-saver !)

Cheers

					Aurelio Bay