disappearing mouse in powerbook

Jeb Bolding yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 12 21:33:00 2002

I installed YDL 2.3 on my PB 667 (a month old). I took it to work and
plugged in my USB mouse and worked during the day. I came home at night
and X will no longer start up. I get the message that /dev/mouse wasn't
a known serial device (I just had the trackpad).

I walked downstairs to my iMac and plugged in that USB mouse and X
worked.

When I installed YDL I didn't have a USB mouse plugged in, just the
trackpad.

I don't particularly want to carry a mouse with me everywhere, does
anyone have a suggestion about how I can fix this to be more dynamic?

Regards,

jeb