how to uncompress .bz2 archives

Jim Potter yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Sep 13 10:10:01 2002

    bunzip2 <file.bz2>

> This may sound like a stupid question but I cannot figure out how to
> decompress any files with the .bz2 extension.

Sincerely,

Jim Potter
45th Parallel Processing
jrp@wvi.com

"It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great
task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead
we take increased devotion to that cause for which they
gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here
highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain,
that this nation under God shall have a new birth of
freedom, and that government of the people, by the people,
for the people shall not perish from the earth.

A. Lincoln, Gettysburg, 1863