Possible to install Linux on PowerBook 1400?

Chris Ruprecht yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Sep 16 22:39:00 2002

On Tue September 17 2002 00:11, hotFusion wrote:
> Is it possible to install Linux on my PowerBook 1400?  Are there any
> Distributions that can be made to work on this PowerBook?

You can, I was told, install MkLinux - so I tried and failed.
I have this faithful old machine here, running OS 9.1 quite happily, doin=
g my=20
Quicken and Newton Connection stuff for Backups. I wouldn't really want t=
o=20
run Linux on it, I need one machine in the house running macOS 9, still ;=
-).=20
I guess, there is something odd with the interrupts on that machine, it=20
doesn't quite perform as Linux would expect them to. When I tried to inst=
all,=20
I had to move the trackpad mouse around a lot, so it would generate mouse=
=20
events. The whole thing took for ever and bombarded me with error message=
s.=20
After it was completely installed, it wouldn't run.

Best regards,
Chris