Ti external video

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 19 18:20:01 2002

At 17:26 +0200 on 2002-9-19 Aurelio Bay wrote:

 > I have already tested the 2.4.20-pre5 and pre7.
 > Same result.

Well, in this case I am afraid I am almost out of ideas.  Except for
this one: make sure that you include the modeline corresponding to
your external monitor/projector in your XF86Config-4.  I have kept in
my config file everything that was there previously, including
modelines that I don't really use, and the external projector might
have used one of those.

I also boot with no video kernel argument.

Of course, the only way to know for sure what happens is to check the
log file, and I will do just that when I come again to use the
external projector, which will probably happen next Thursday (I used
it today, but I forgot to check this out :-( ).

 > Please note that everything is fine with OS9.2 and OSX.

I know.  Mac OS also allows something which for lack of a better term
I will call xinerama on the fly (just plug in the monitor and you have
it on the virtual desktop), which to my knowledge is not possible
under Linux.  Or is it?  Does anybody know by any chance how to do
this?

Cheers,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.