What is the Yellow Doggiest x86 distribution?

Joshua Miller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 26 09:13:01 2002

I was under the impression that YellowDog was more or less a port of
RedHat to PPC.

Joshua Miller
josh@joshuasmiller.com

-----Original Message-----
From: yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
[mailto:yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com] On Behalf
Of Jonathan Singer
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 10:27 AM
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: What is the Yellow Doggiest x86 distribution?

The arrival of Mandrake 9.0 reminds me of how frustrated I've been with
Mandrake 8.2 on my Athlon box. I've tried SuSE, Debian and Red Hat, and
liked Mandrake the best, but my favorite distro by far is Yellow Dog.

Which x86 distro is the closest thing? Specifically, an x86 distro,
RPM-based but offering apt-get updating, with up to date packages but
with the lightweight feel of an old Red Hat distro before all the user
friendly conveniences that just get in your way?