2002 iBook, YDL 2.3 and DRI

Stephen Hocking yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Sep 28 15:05:02 2002

> On Saturday 28 September 2002 01:09, Michel D=E4nzer wrote:
> > On Sam, 2002-09-28 at 08:12, Stephen Hocking wrote:
> > > I've installed YDL 2.3 on my 2002 700MHz G3 iBook purchased a coupl=
e of
> > > months ago. It's stock, with the addition of 512MB of memory (for 6=
40MB
> > > total) and an Airport card. However, when attempting to get OpenGL
> > > running in accelerated manner as per the HOWTOs, the display is gro=
ssly
> > > corrupted and generally unusable. Has anyone else see this? Enclose=
d is
> > > the XF86Config-4, XFree86.0.log and dmesg output. I see the corrupt=
ion at
> > > depths 16 and 24. Of course a depth of 15 bits  doesn't allow the D=
RM to
> > > work.
> >
> > This isn't supposed to work with anything but current DRI CVS.
> =

> Can you get X to work correctly without using GL, and if so, what =

> resolutions/color depths can you acheive.  I have the same computer, on=
ly =

> problem I have had with it is the stock volume controls.
> =

It works just fine without the DRI stuff - I think the problem might lie =
in the radeon DRI kernel module.

	Stephen
-- =

  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

    "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could prod=
uce
     the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we k=
now
     this is not true."            Robert Wilensky, University of Califor=
nia