2.4.19-4a oops when accessing disk?

hemphill yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Sep 30 14:12:01 2002

I've seen problems like this with those machines. Check the IDE cable
for the disk.  It turns out that opening and closing the case will often
work the cable loose, and you get instability with both YDL and OS X.
    G++

 >I run YDL 2.3 on a new 800 MHz PowerMac G4 Silver. Unfortunately, the
system is quite unstable, and I am >experiencing very frequent kernel
oopses. I was able to run ksymoops on one of them, and apparently it
happend >during a disk access (see attached file). Any idea about the
reason? The machine is less than a week old. However, >when I installed
MaxOS X from the recovery CD's, I also saw freezes at different states
of the copying process, so I >am sure it is not related to dust or
something like that on the cd's. So might this be a hardware problem?