OT? This can't be right!

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Sep 30 22:29:01 2002

At 09:25 +0000 on 2002-9-30 Andrew Hodel wrote:

 > The one I suggested was the little blue toaster, gtoaster, if worked fine for
 > me, on redhat, suse, debian, fink with os x, and ydl.  Make sure you run it
 > as root, as this solves many many problems.

As well, xcdroast (0.98, currently I am using 0.98 alpha 10) worked
for me out of the box (once the SCSI emulation is set for the CD
writer, or course, but this is done during any uneventful
installation).  The only thing that I have not tried yet is text CDs
(new in alpha 10), but since everything else worked like a charm I
have no reasons to suppose this one doesn't.

True, the dialogs are a bit counterintuitive, but one cannot have
everything, eh?

All of these happened while using benh kernels, but I have again no
reason to assume things are different with others.

I have not tried to burn CDs on anything else than Linux, so I have no
idea how things are in OS X.

Cheers,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.