gpr compile error

Stephen Lewis yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 1 03:02:01 2003

> Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:47:55 -0500
> From: Cynthia Croy <clc2@ix.netcom.com>
> To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
> Subject: gpr compile error
>
>   I am trying to compile gpr in another attempt to get my
> printer to
> work with Linux. I get the following errors from rpm
> after running rpm
> --rebuild.
>
> configure: error: Must have ppd.h header to compile gpr
>
> RPM build errors:
>
> Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.63557
>
> I also tried installing with the tar.gz source, and I got
> an error from
> this too. I ran ./configure and as I recall the error was
> the same one
> about the ppd.h header.
>
> Does anyone know how I can fix this (or if it can be
> fixed)?
>
> Thanks,
> Cindy

ppd.h belongs to papd which is part of netatalk
if you compile things from source they often assume
you have the source to other things in this case papd
which is the daemon for Printer Access Protocol which
drives printers over Appletalk. You can get this by
installing the netatalk source rpm from the source disk,

Stephen Lewis