[mouse problems in ydl]

Jonathan Walton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 2 08:40:01 2003

I had a different mouse problem on YDL, relating to the trackpad... but
I wonder if my fix would help you.  Specifically, if I didn't have a
real mouse plugged in, my trackpad wouldn't work.  I solved it by adding
the following to /etc/sysconfig/mouse.  [to be honest, just running the
'ln -s' once by hand was probably sufficient]:

  # Probably doesn't belong here, but it'll work.  On powerbook without
  # mouse plugged in on boot, we don't get a /dev/mouse... but X and a
  # few others expect it.  Just hack it the same way /usr/lib/yi/mouse.py
  # does it
  if grep -i "PowerBook" /proc/cpuinfo >/dev/null; then
   if [ ! -e /dev/mouse ]; then
    ln -s /dev/input/mice /dev/mouse
   fi
  fi