Tftp put fails

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 2 12:36:01 2003

I've read hundreds of "close but no cigar" scenarios of
trying to solve this problem.

I'm trying to use tftp between two Yellow Dog systems running 2.1.

I can "get" from one to the other, but receive an error on "put"
operations.
The permissions are 666 on the file on the receive end,
and 777 on the /tftpboot directory.

Configuration in /etc/xinetd.d/tftp looks like:

# default: on
 \
#       protocol.  The tftp protocol is often used to boot diskless \
#       workstations, download configuration files to network-aware
printers, \
#       and to start the installation process for some operating systems.
service tftp
{
        disable = no
        socket_type             = dgram
        protocol                = udp
        wait                    = yes
        user                    = root
        server                  = /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
        server_args             = -s /tftpboot
}

The output with trace on the sender looks like:

tftp> trace
Packet tracing on.
tftp> put OnRuta
sent WRQ <file=OnRuta, mode=netascii>
received ACK <block=1>
discarded 4 packets
received ACK <block=1>
received ACK <block=1>
received ACK <block=1>
received ACK <block=1>
received ACK <block=1>
received ACK <block=1>
received ACK <block=1>
received ACK <block=1>
received ACK <block=1>
sent WRQ <file=OnRuta, mode=netascii>
sent WRQ <file=OnRuta, mode=netascii>
sent WRQ <file=OnRuta, mode=netascii>
sent WRQ <file=OnRuta, mode=netascii>
Transfer timed out.

tftp>
tftp>

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or a problem in
xinetd that came with 2.1.

Another machine running 2.0 has no problems, but is running inetd.

Thanks,
Gary Hannon
CSPI