Version 3.0 help please

warren yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 2 17:15:10 2003

I had this on my DV400 G3 iMac, too. It has the ATI Rage 128 Pro card with 8
Megs of sdram. This worked for me:

Tab to "no" and press "enter" in each dialog box. Eventually, this will get
you to the text login. Log in as root. Type:

            pico /etc/X11/XF86Config

Scroll to the section near the end labeled "Device", where device is your
video card. Add this line to the block (exactly as is, including quotes):

            Option    "UseFBDev"

Press "control-O", "enter", and "control-X" to save your changes and exit
pico. Enter:

            startx

Your display may have a moment of excitement and (hopefully) your graphical
login will come up. This "option" was copied from a yellowdog 2.3 config
which did successfully start the X-server on this machine, so it should be
safe.

Good luck!