Installation Woes on a B&W

Kelly Lopez yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 2 20:08:01 2003

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 22:45:43 -0600, Dan DeBoer wrote
> Hi all.  I'm having serious problems installing YDL 2.3 on my Blue
> and White.  Here's the story.  First, i downloaded the iso off the
> web.  Next burnt it to a CD.  For a test, i installed it on my 6 gig
> HD located on the motherboard bus.  Worked perfectly.  Next, I
> decided to install in on my actual drive.  it is a maxtor 60 gig
> located on acard ATA/66 ide card.  i reformatted the drive with a
> 8356 mb unallocated partion, followed by a 20 gig osx extended, then
> 5 gig os 9 extended with finally, whatever was left data (standard).
>  i then booted off the cd an right away yahboot came up.  i clicked
> install and when it got to load media, it said that it couldn't.  so
> i rebooted and then at the install prompt typed install-gui hdi=ide-
> scsi (my hd is hde, cdrom is hdi, and zip is hdj).  everything loads
> fine and then its time to partition.  I choose 100 mb for bootloader,
>  256 mb for swap, and 8 gig for the rest.  I click save and it says
> formatting.  After that completes, i followed through with the rest
> of the installation.  no errors were ever reported.  finally, it
> came time to reboot.  All i got was a blinking ?.  So then i
> dedcided maybe i needed to have os 9 installed.  so i did that and
> re-ran the installer.  still nothing.  it boots always into os 9
> with no choice.  i then tried it again and noticed that in the mount
> points, my 100 mb boot partition is not listed.  Could this be my
> problem and if so how do i fix it?  Any help would be greatly
> desired.  Thanks in advance for any help i receive
>
> dan

> --
> Notice:  Attachments are automatically
> scanned for viruses and other dangerous
> content using McAfee

i had the same problem with my B&W before so i move
the drive to the first bus on the MB and pram the computer
so it started to boot off the drive here is my lay out for
my 20gig

"hda6" 25mb boot, "hda7 saap" 768mb, "hda8 linux" 4Gigs
the rest for Mac OS

PS the boot partion wouldn't be listed.....

The Place for newbie's and techz

http://www.caribtechz.hn.org/