Adding Hardware

Randy Doran yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 6 07:32:01 2003

I've been learning Linux for a while now but I have always installed it
with all the hardware already in it.  Now I am trying to install a SCSI
card into a G4 running ydl 2.3  I want to add a 20 Gig Seagate SCSI tape
drive.  What do I need to do here.  I have added hardware to Windows but
if that OS doesn't recognize the device you just download the drivers
and run the "add new hardware wizard."  Obviously it is different in
Linux, is this something that needs to be added to the kernal or how do
I check to see what is needed?  Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Randy