Crash in Updating /etc/fstab during boot with newly compiled kernel

Daniel Brad Holder yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 7 03:05:01 2003

Hello everybody,
	I'm having a spot of trouble getting the 2.4.20 kernel to boot on
my machine. It fails during reboot whilst updating /etc/fstab. It doesn't
provide an error message. I'm not really sure what to do. I used the
defaults during make menuconfig except i compiled the natsemi ethernet
driver into the kernel. What is this problem a sympton of? It gives no
error message, it just freezes during reboot into that kernel.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Brad Holder
gte575f@prism.gatech.edu
"Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by
fearing to attempt." - William Shakespeare