followup to gpr compile error

Cynthia Croy yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 8 12:37:01 2003

  Thanks to those who responded to my question about compiling gpr.
Between the replies I got and some reading I did, I was able to make it
work. It turns out that ppd.h is part of libppd (which they got from
cups). I thought I had libppd installed, but evidently rpm's rebuild
doesn't install. It just makes a ppc rpm. So, once I knew that, I was
able to install both packages, and now gpr runs. I am even able to get a
Redhat postscript test page to print. Unfortunately, none of the other
test pages will print (except maybe ASCII - I didn't check because it
worked once before when I couldn't even get a postscript test page).
Also, I can't print from applications - Abiword and Mozilla would be nice.

Anyone know how I might get these to work?

Cindy