3.0 ISO download from YDL.net/enhanced not working

Rick Thomas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 8 14:43:01 2003

I've been trying unsuccessfully to download the "new" YDLv3.0 ISOs from
the "YDL.net/enhanced" website.

The best transfer rate I can get is 70kbytes/sec (1 or 2 hours to
download a 600 MB ISO file), and it usually ends in a fatal
communications error (dropped connection or some such).  Even when
(after a couple of hours waiting) it finally "succeeds", the MD5
checksum is wrong.  I'm connecting to the Internet via the University's
broadband connection, so the slowdown isn't on my end.

I was willing to cut YDL some slack during the startup period, but it's
been a couple of weeks.  By now, it seems to me, for $90 the download
really should "just work".

What's going on?

Rick