battery trouble

Beartooth yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 9 14:25:01 2003

	I got this G3 ibook from terrasoft in August, and promptly went
out and got a second battery. One battery shows none of the four LEDs
lit, and still operates normally. The other shows one little green LED
lit (the innermost one when it's in the ibook) and does not. When it's
in, the machine won't even turn on; but it will run with it in and the
transformer supplying power from the wall.

	I have run 2.3 as much of the time as possible, usually 24/7 for
weeks at a time in recent months. (At first, I used to shut down and
disconnect everything nightly.)

	But I ran OSX 10.1.5 for three weeks in January, and am running
it again now, because I can't seem to make 2.3 connect at all when I'm
stuck with dialup only.And I ran it for a week or two in another house
till an apple-fancying friend helped me long distance to figure out how
to make it use DSL through a linksys router.

	Surely no battery kept recharged or recharging should die so
soon! What should I do?

--
Beartooth the Stubborn <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>
Double Retiree, Neo-Redneck, Linuxer's Apprentice