YDL 3.0 on Xserve

Jeffrey Fox yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 11 07:29:00 2003

I have a cluster of Xservers which I use BlackLab to administer
(GREAT!).  I had to install YD 3.0 on a few Xservers by hand(not part
of the cluster)  and it was trivial. The new installer worked
flawlessly.

On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 07:13 AM, Christopher Murtagh wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Michael George wrote:
>> I'd be interested in reports on how easily 3.0 goes onto an Xserve.  I
>> have one running 2.3 now and it was a bit of work to get it on there.
>> Now she works like a dream, though.
>
>  Then why upgrade? If the server is doing what you want, and doing it
> well
> why not leave it? Unless there is some feature/software that only
> YDL3.0
> uses. If it ain't broke....
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris
>
> --
>
> Christopher Murtagh
> Webmaster / Sysadmin
> Web Communications Group
> McGill University
> Montreal, Quebec
> Canada
>
> Tel.: (514) 398-3122
> Fax:  (514) 398-2017

Jeffrey S. Fox
Professor
Department of Mathematics & The Center  for  Neuroscience
University of Colorado
Campus Box 395
Boulder CO 80309-0395
303-492-6418