Screaming iBook

Lawrence Anderson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 17 21:55:01 2003

I've had a problem develop that has me puzzled.  I'm running YDL 2.3 on an
iBook (dual-USB, 2001 model, 600MHz/384MB).  On occasion, when I wake it up
from sleep (which it seems to do nicely), something goes wonky with the sound
and it emits a piercing shriek from the speakers, regardless of what the sound
level is set at (I normally keep the volume turned down to 0 and then mute it
for good measure). When this happens, the only way to stop it is by turning the
computer off.    Anyone have an idea what's causing it, or how I can stop it
from happening?  I'd really rather use YDL, but right now I'm booting into OS
X, because I use the thing in a classroom setting and can't have it suddenly
screaming at me.  Help!