Concerning your (YDL support) website...

Rick Thomas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 18 12:46:01 2003

Jake,

The "broken link" (if that's the right term -- read further) is in a
message in one of the email or netnews archives (circa 1999 or 2000) I
searched while I  was trying to locate information on setting up
"miBoot" for use with Yellow Dog Linux on OldWorld Powermacs.

I'm sorry but I no longer remember the exact message.  However, the
statement about it's being "one of the best resources" for miBoot is a
direct quote.

I thought it interesting that this was supposedly on the yellowdoglinux
website at one time, but nobody currently at TerraSoft seems to know
anything about miBoot.

If you check the recent "yellowdog-general" mailing-list items, you will
see that Alexander Holst posted there a pretty good mini-how-to on how
he uses miBoot on his machines.  It (and a couple of followup items)
cleared up most of my questions.

If you can't locate the  "faq_bootloader.shtml" page, I'd suggest that
you ask Alex for permission to post his mini-how-to (perhaps with a few
modifications to make it a little more generically useful to the YDL community).

Of course, in the best of all possible worlds, you will find the
"faq_bootloader" page and put it somewhere people can find it, and
*also* post Alex's mini-how-to on your support pages.

Thanks for getting back to me!

Rick

PS: I'm CC-ing this to the yellowdog-general mailing-list to see if
anyone there remembers the "faq_bootloader" page.