[2.1] Where is apachectl?

Ken Schweigert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 23 11:44:12 2003

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 01:19:34PM -0400, Sam Moore wrote:
> Yes, but locate DOESN'T find it.
> It's not in the apache rpm, as far as I can tell.

To test to see if it's included in the rpm, try:

[ken@byteme ppc]$ rpm -qilp apache-1.3.22-3b.ppc.rpm | grep apachectl
/usr/sbin/apachectl
/usr/share/man/man8/apachectl.8.gz

This is from YDL-2.3 so the version that shipped with 2.1 might be
different.

If anything, download the latest version of the RPM and do a
'rpm -Fvh apache-<newest-version-here>'

-ken