Upgrade 2.3 to 3.0?

Beartooth yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 25 12:23:01 2003

	I had planned to get 3.0 ASAP, but have been much distracted,
getting jerked around by real estate agents. What's more and worse, the
jerking looks likely to go on for some weeks yet. (Jo & I are in process
of selling a house in one town, and buying another with the proceeds in
a distant town -- where we're living now in temporary quarters.) <gnash,
snarl, mutter ...>

	Meanwhile, trying to keep up as best I can with ydl-g, I seem to
recall a post or three some time back, to the effect that 3.0 fails to
offer an upgrade option. Aaarrrgghhh! Double Aaarrrgghhh! Is that really
so??

	I'm a long way short of technoid status, but do have several
things that I've added, tweaked/configured, and stored data in -- my
Internet connection, two or three browsers with collections of
bookmarks, a newsreader, panels with other stuff .... It would be a
royal pain for me in my ignorance to have to find and fiddle with it
all, even when the jerking ceases and I have more time.

	Is there hope that the deficiency may be remedied any time soon?
Is 3.1 set for any date? Will it have an updater?? As long as I have to
put off the improvements anyway, it would pay me to put them off
somewhat longer for that.

--
Beartooth Implacable <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>
PhD, Neo-Redneck, Linux Duffer