Aw: Behaviour of eth0 not understood

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 28 08:57:01 2003

> Apr 28 12:14:14 sirius kernel: eth0: switching to forced 100bt
> Apr 28 12:14:21 sirius kernel: eth0: switching to forced 10bt
>
> and this goes on repeatedly until some sort of action is taken (I have not
> quite identified those actions that interrupt the process).

I see the same on my G4 silver at home... The G4 is connected to my girl friend's iMac via a direct cable. The messages appear when the iMac is switched off (so the G4 sees a "dead" connection) and disappear as soon as the iMac configures its ethernet port (Linux or MacOS).

I don't think this is a real error condition, but it would be great if we could suppress these messages (it's about ~80% of my /var/log/messages)...

Hth,

Albrecht.