Controling popups

Jason DeVita yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Aug 6 08:30:01 2003

> If you are interested in controling popups now.  Switch to Galeon!!
> Mozilla does have popup control but only for PC users, and that is not
> us.  No, of course not, we know better.

Ummm... I think you are wrong.  Mozilla (the version default on YDL3.0)
allows you to stop all unrequested javascript windows, and
Mozilla-Firebird (formerly Phoenix) allows you to "Block Popup Windows".
I have both running on YDL (and OSX, and RedHat) and it works very nicely.
A PPC build of Firebird can be downloaded from www.mozilla.org.

I'm not knocking Galeon; I'm sure it's a very nice browser (though I
haven't tried it).

-J