Rage 128 and 17" Studio CRT - some progress - some help?

Napalm yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Aug 8 21:18:01 2003

Ok, well I just recently (today actually) got my G4 cube working again
by replacing its dead radeon card with a cheap rage 128 I got on ebay.
Well when I got started I had to add a "video=aty128fb:vmode:20" right
away to the line to install and in yaboot to get something visible. Ok
that worked but the text is about 5 characters off the display. Xfree
is the same but I've managed to fix that via /usr/sbin/fbset -move
right (have to do this 5 times to move it far enough).

Question: Is it possibl to get Xfree to somehow move the display with
fbset every time I start X? because it goes back every time I log out.
Also am currently using the r128 driver as I cant get the ati one to
work. I dont believe it is doing any sort of hardware accelleration but
I would like to get that accelleration working, display panel from YDL
menu -> system setting -> Display wont let me enable accelleration
using the r128 driver or fbdev. I also believe it may not actually be
using r128 as there is an option for "UseFBDev" set to true? Im new to
trying to do all of this way so any help would be great. Im used to
using the old Xconfigurator method.

-Nick