excelessive old-world failure of YDL 3.0 install

Scott Strungis yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Aug 10 12:11:01 2003

I had 3.0 installed on a G3 upgraded 6360 with maxed RAM, and a Voodoo3
card in the lone PCI slot.  It took a few tries to install as I was
having issues with the version of BootX that came with the 3.0 distro.
 I was able to successfully start and run the installer with an older
version of BootX.  My L2 card is made by Vimage.  It requires an
extension to wake up the G3 processor which does a soft reset to utilize
the G3.  BootX then loads, and all is well.  I was going to use the
G3/6360 as a server when I was not using it for desktop publishing under
OS9.  However, I could not mount my HFS+ partitions under Linux.

Anyway, that's my story.
Scott