Can't boot my Mac OS X & can't access hfs+ partitions on other drives after having installed YDL 3.0

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Aug 10 17:52:01 2003

Hi Mathieu,

On Sun Aug 10 2003, Mathieu Cuvellier wrote:

> I know I should have back up first but...
>
> In my Power Mac G4 (QuickSilver 933), i have 3 disks of 30,60, and 80
> Go.
> While my 30Go was empty, I thought it would be harmful-less to install
> YDL 3.0. on it...
>
> I first had a problem with disk druid crashing at install time, then
> when trying a second time it seemed everything was alright and i could
> boot into YDL.
> When I wanted to come back to OS X, the computer stayed with a flashing
> barred O.
>
> I'm currently using an external firewire drive to troubleshoot my
> computer (a 20Go with OS X.2.6).
>
> Using Disk utility, the 60 and 80 Go drives appears without any
> partitions and of course don't mount.
> Using Disk Warrior 3, these 2 drives doesn't appear but the manual says
> it won't rebuild directory for disks with an incorrect partition map.
>
> Using pdisk i get the following information (see below) on my disks and
> it seems that partition maps have not been modified so i don't
> understand what's happening.
>
> I can't find anything related to my problem in faqs or mailing lists
> archives.
>
> Do you have clues on what's happening ? Or perhaps the link to a better
> place where to post this problem if this is not the right place.

This is a known problem when installing with 2 or more disks.  See the
following note on how to correct this:

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_3.0/dualdrive_applepartmap.shtml

						-Bill