apt problems

Andrew Jacobs yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Aug 11 20:06:10 2003

I just reformatted my 8500/180 with YDL 2.2 and installed a fresh copy
of 3.0.   I couldn't find an easier way to do this.  Anyway, I did a
custom install as this is only going to be an internet server, but
after doing an apt-get update and then an apt-get dist-upgrade, I get
errors that look like this example, but for every package:

xinetd: PreDepends: /sbin/chkconfig but it is not installable
           PreDepends: /etc/init.d but it is not installable
           PreDepends: /sbin/service but it is not installable
           PreDepends: /bin/sh but it is not installable

I've tried rebuilding the rpm database, but am not sure what else to
try.  Doing an apt-get -f install (the recommended fix) wanted to
uninstall everything.  Help?

-Andrew