Cable Modem and Linux

Jeffrey Fox yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Aug 14 12:44:00 2003

I just type (as root) dhclient  and the program does a handshake with
the DCPH router
and connects. In particular, I don't have eth0 configured or anything,
dhclient does all the work.

On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 08:43  AM, Roberto J. Dohnert wrote:

> I am moving to a new house and where i used to live I had DSL, with
> the new place I am getting RoadRunner.  I run Yellowdog Linux 3.0 and
> Red Hat Linux 9, I was wondering if there were any specific drivers I
> need to load or anything special I need to do with Linux to get it to
> work properly with Cable.  People can reply through the lists or you
> can send me a private e-mail.

Jeffrey S. Fox
Professor
Department of Mathematics & The Center  for  Neuroscience
University of Colorado
Campus Box 395
Boulder CO 80309-0395
303-492-6418