Problem booting YDL after installing yellowdog-3.0-sirius-20030707 iso's

Paul Tap yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Aug 18 07:18:01 2003

Hi all,

I've succesfully installed the regular YDL 3.0 on my
iMac 17" iLamp. When I install the
yellowdog-3.0-sirius-20030707 iso's though, when
rebooting the system freezes at the new hardware
hardware detection. Also there is no network
configuration in the installation procedure.
I've tried to do just a kernel update from the newer
iso's after a regular 3.0 install but with the same
result with respect to the reboot (freeze in hardware
detect). Actually I had 1 succesful install, without
the network though. Manually configuration of the eth0
did the job then. I decided to go for a re-install
(dual boot) but have been unsuccesful ever after. OSX
install went fine, the same for the regular 3.0.

The reason for trying this is to get the most recent
kernel stuff before trying to solve the problems I'm
encountering with MOL 0.9.68. Unresolved symbols in
mol.o.

Anyone encountered similar problems or an idea how to
get around?

Regards,

Paul