Different Users, Different Languages

David Chart yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Aug 18 22:33:01 2003

I'd like to be able to set up two users to use different languages,
English and Japanese, for everything, particularly X11. Both languages
are installed on the system.

So far, I can, by changing /etc/sysconfig/i18n, set everyone to English
or Japanese. However, this isn't what I want. Messing with sudoers to
let the .bash_profile of each user change /etc/sysconfig/i18n would
probably work, but would either be inconvenient (requiring me to type
the password twice, I think), or a security nightmare (if I disable
authentication).

Is there a sensible way to do this? I'm sure there must be, but I don't
know where to look. Pointers welcome.
--
David Chart
http://www.dchart.demon.co.uk/