kernel panic on boot

Shawn Protsman yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Aug 21 06:56:01 2003

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the advice.  I tried adding root=/dev/sdb6 to the 'More
Kernel Arguments' field in BootX.  This didn't work.  After I switched
the order of my SCSI drives I then tried root=/dev/sda6 which had the
same result.  I know I'm missing something here.  If entering the above
as a BootX kernel argument then how does one set the root device
correctly in my bootloader?

I appreciate the info on the Bootstrap partition being used for
NewWorld Macs.