YDL 3.0 Install hangs after 3 rpms on powerbook G4

Christopher Scannell yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Aug 22 06:58:01 2003

I'm trying to help a friend put YDL 3.0 on his powerbook G4.  I'm very familiar with installing RH6.2-RH9 on x86's.

Installing YDL seemed to be going fine until it started to apply the rpms.  It got to the third rpm (setup-????.rpm) which is ~96kb and hung forever.  I managed (with some difficulty) to do a CTRL-ALT-F3 to see what the error message was.

There were several IOErrors.  It seemed the errors (I don't have the machine in front of me) were "read" errors.  I took the CD to a RH9 laptop and checked out CD #1 (I ran md5sum on the .iso and then mounted it and compared it to the CD using diff).  CD

I don't know why the rpms can't be installed by anaconda!!

I've been trying to poke around with google to find out if others are having this problem, but most people seem to be having no problem installing YDL 3.0.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Christopher

Christopher Scannell                ._______|_______.
Naval Research Laboratory                 \(*)/
(202) 767-1127                            o/ \o