Getting mod_rewrite working

Rob Brandt yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Aug 22 16:10:01 2003

I hope someone can help me out with this...

I'm trying to implement mod_rewrite on my YDL 2.2 system.  I've verified that
the module is in the right place, with LoadModule and AddModule as appropraite.
 I use Webmin for administration, and it says that mod_rewrite is loaded.  I've
checked phpinfo() to see what it thinks, and in the apache section it says that
mod_rewrite is running.

I have a very simple scheme for testing.  I have loaded an .htaccess file that
says:

RewriteEngine on
Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteLog /home/userdirectory/rewritelog
RewriteLogLevel 9
RewriteRule ^sitemap(.*)\.html$ /sitemap.php [L]

If I've understood correctly, when I try to load sitemap.html in my browser, it
should actually load sitemap.php.  It doesn't, generating a 404.  What's
troubling to me is that my rewrite log isn't being created.  So mod_rewrite
isn't really running?  Have I missed any steps?

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Rob