Open Office 1.1RC and Java

J. De Salvo yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Aug 24 12:26:01 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to get the "export as XHTML" feature working in OpenOffice
1.1RC., but keep getting error messages that my Java Runtime is
defective.

I've installed the J2RE and J2SDK files from Yellowdog's FTP site, and
have downloaded and installed the additional .jar's (crimson.jar,
xml-apis.jar and xalan.jar) as instructed on the OpenOffice LinuxPPC
site and placed them in the directories indicated by the OO LinuxPPC
site.

I kept the IBM Java version which was installed when I installed Sirius
and have tried moving the above three .jars to the appropriate place in
with the IBM Java.

However, I'm still getting the defective Java runtime message when I try
to export as XHTML using the IBM Java install.

Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I might try next to
remedy this problem?

Thanks for your help,

Joe

--