Cyrus IMAP RPMs?

Matthias Saou yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Aug 27 04:23:00 2003

Denis Nikitin wrote :

> Does anybody have RPMs for YDL 3.0 with Cyrus IMAP?
> I've SFTW and couldn't find anything already compiled for PPC.
> Any suggestions of what else I would need to get Cyrus IMAP installed
> will be very much appreciated.

This isn't what you asked for, but it may be worth mentioning the existence
of dovecot, a really small, neat and full-featured pop3/imap4 server. I use
it in conjunction with Maildirs and ldap authentication and it works great!

You can find more info here :
http://dovecot.procontrol.fi/
http://freshrpms.net/docs/mail-server/

I personally prefer it over Cyrus or Courier now :-)
If you want ppc packages, that can be easily arranged too.

Matthias

Raw Hide 20030825 running Linux kernel 2.4.21-20.1.2024.2.1.nptl
Load : 0.39 0.27 0.20