YellowDog SMP kernel vs UP

Hassan Halta yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Aug 27 09:15:00 2003

Hi all,

We just started using YD for our MAC cluster. The cluster is a 1G Dual CPU
G4s. We were originally running MAC OS X on these Xserves, but recently
moved to YD. The controller for this cluster, which is an identical
machines to all of the Xserves, keeps hanging whenever we are using the
SMP kernel. Basically the terminal won't be responsive and the whole
cluster would be down. The controller does 1 thing that none of the other
Xserves do which is IP forwarding.

Now, we tried running under UP kernel, and things just worked fine for a
longer time, but eventually it will crash again.

I was wondering if there's a patch or a known problem for this.

Thanks,
Hassan