Powerlogix upgraded Pismo and Linux...

Etienne Beaule yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Aug 29 14:33:01 2003

Hello all...

I upgraded my Pismo with the PowerLogix BlueChip G3 900=20
(http://www.powerlogix.com/products2/bcg3pismo/index.html). While it=20
works great under Mac OS X, I failed to see any improvements under=20
Linux. I just contacted the company and they told me and here is what I=20=

got:

>> Are the startup files (and kext) absolutely required to benefit from=20=

>> your upgrade? If so, do you plan to release something for linux?
> Yes, they turn on the cache.
> Sorry, we don't make any software for Linux and there are no plans for=20=

> that as you are only the second person to ask : )

So it seems that I will have to run linux without a processor cache for=20=

the time being...

Does anybody know if there is a way to activate that cache under linux?

Thanks,

=C9tienne