Lags during network profile change

Krischan Keitsch yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Dec 2 03:14:03 2003

Hello List

I am experiencing some strange behavior:=20
I have two network profiles. One is a private dhcp, the other is a fix ip=20
profile at work. When I put my iBook (800 Mhz, ydl 3.0, Kernel 2.4.22-2d) t=
o=20
sleep and pug it into the other network I use =E2=80=9Eredhat-control-netwo=
rk=E2=80=9C to=20
switch the profile. However, when I start an application under kde it takes=
=20
ages for it to come up. Already started apps work just fine. During these=20
lags the system seem not to do anything (no processor activity =E2=80=93 it=
 just=20
seems to wait for some response from the network). In order not to go nuts =
I=20
reboot my iBox and everything works fine.=20
Has anyone made the same experience or has an idea how to explain this?

Any help and hints are appreciated!

thanks=20
chan