YDL Boots, Mac OS 9 Does Not

Harvey Ussery yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Dec 4 22:04:01 2003

Jay,     I'm sorry, but I can't find any problem with the layout of the
partition map per se--I brought it up side by side with mine and. .
.nothing. I just went thru a lot of this stuff when I recently did a
major reinstall (everything), that's why I was hoping I could help. But
my great limitation here is that I have never worked w a system that
dual booted YDL and OS9 (only YDL & OSX)--so maybe I'm missing
something. (For the same reason it wouldn't be helpful to put up my own
partition map--it lacks the small driver partitions [your part's #2-5]
required by OS9 but not OSX. But they're not bootable, so should not be
your problem.)

The only other thing I can think to check at the moment is your yaboot
config. I would think that since the ydl installer handled the
partitioning & installation of yaboot, it would have config'd yaboot
properly. But just in case, can you report the output of
cat /etc/yaboot.conf

Hope that might give us a clue.  Good luck.    --Harvey