Install: never get past an initial black screen

Daniel Gimpelevich yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Dec 8 13:34:03 2003

I am assuming that you can boot the OS X Panther install cd from the
internal cd drive using the 'c' key. You may have accidentally damaged the
ydl isos you downloaded by double-clicking or mounting them before burning.
Use the 'md5' command in OS X's Terminal window to compare the checksums to
the official ones. Currently, a Linux cd can only boot properly from the
internal cd drive.