no bootloader found, Cannot configure kernel

bruce woller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Dec 9 20:10:06 2003

FWIW:

The AIC7xxx drivers are for Adaptec SCSI cards.  I have two (2906 and
2940) in my machine  (G3 B&W) that both work fine  under YDL3.0.  YDL
2.4 had these modules compiled into the kernel but YDL 3.0 has them as
loadable modules.  mkinitrd is the program that creates the .img file
that describes the loadable modules and the external symbols they
require to link.  The aic7xxx.o should be in the modules directory that
has the same base name as the kernel.