Security and IPchains

Derick Centeno yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Dec 10 17:42:02 2003

Background: Sometime ago I reported to this list that anaconda creates
an image during an installation or reinstallation of its own security
settings irregardless of whatever options selected by the user or Sys.
Admin.
This is so even if one selected a trusted device, and one was careful to
select customized options as opposed to default.

I have a nice reference text on Linux Sys. Admin. I used it to try to
correct the above described problem and discovered that the installed
kernel doesn't recognize ipchains!!  Here is a portion of the screen
after I searched for (using the find command) where the ipchains command
lives:

/sbin/ipchains
/sbin/ipchains-save
[root@arakus aguila]# cd /sbin