Can Yellow Dog 2.1 run on a G4?

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Dec 12 08:06:02 2003

We have a need to run YDL 2.1 on a G4, however we are having problems with
the install.  When we are performing the install we are receiving an error
during the partitioning portion of the install saying "No Hard Disks Found".
We are thinking that the error is due to one of two things:
1.  The disk is not formatted correctly.  If this is the case, how should we
go about formatting the disk prior to the install, and what is the correct
format that it should be in?
2.  That our G4 hardware is not compatible with YDL 2.1, therefore it does
not recognize the hard disk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Tim